Friday, October 19, 2007

Pen is home for the night.

He has a tube in his front paw but other than that he is in better spirits than when he was dropped off. He is eating. Thats good. He seems to have more energy than this morning. He had enough energy to hiss at the Vet and let him know he doesn't like all the poking. He'll spend the night at home then at 8am go back to the kitty hospital to get hooked up again. He gets his blood tested tomorrow afternoon. That is the crucial test that will determine if he is actually getting any better. The tube is stuck in his right paw. He is a right paw'd cat. He cant stand not being able to gesture with his good paw. He double taps (tap tap=food. tap=need to get under covers. tap tap. tap tap=more food now.) when he wants something and he is not able to do it with his bandaged paw.

4 comments:

mary bishop said...

I'm so sorry for Pen. I haven't done much blog reading lately, hardly have time to even write a trite post...then I come here and my heart explodes with worry for you and your sweetheart. Finbar sends his love to Pen and is so sad too. xoxoxo

Luke said...

You know Pen better than I've known any animal I've ever had. I've had multiple dogs and cats, and I have no idea which ones were right-pawed.

LadrĂ³n de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Glad to know that he's at least improving a bit and has excellent care from you.

WAT said...

Poor li'l kitty poo.

I love animals.