Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Neighborhood set 2. Sylvia Wood Harp Center

The local hot spot is Saliva Wood's Harp Haven.

At the local harp store there are only two holidays: (according to the window paintings that change twice a year.)
4th of July and Christmas.

This is the Christmas/Jewish Xmas window. If you look to the right you can see Jesus/Moses, on a rock, playing a harp.
After new years day it becomes Uncle Sam, on a rock, playing a harp. Uncle Sam is usually on the rock playing to the stature of liberty with a giant flag behind them. I'm sure its the same damn guy who paints the windows year after year. The windows are god awful.

If you need a harp or harp accessories this is the place.

Next up I'll show you the curious building across the street.

3 comments:

LadrĂ³n de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Oh, I am enjoying these. I think even if we think our own neighborhood is boring, it's interesting for outsiders to see. I assume that this is Glendale? I remember a crusty, old liberal guy I knew in Pasadena always trashed it as being a bastion of uptight Republicans. His favorite line was, "They'd arrest you for burping in Glendale."

RadioFreeCatlandia said...

It looks like Gavin has been touring the neighbourhood.

Anonymous said...

Saliva Wood? Interesting...