Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Me age 4 and a half


This was taken at Knotts Berry Farm. It was my sisters 11th birthday. Yet another picture of me on a horse.
This time a dead preserved horse.

Holy moly see those shoes? Those were my second pair of shoes (at age 4 1/2?) They were brown and black Orthopedic saddle shoes. They hurt like a sonofabitch. The hard leather would dig into my ankles. I had to wear them to keep from tripping over my own feet. I think my Mum mistook running like a gayboy for being pigeon toed.

5 comments:

Becca said...

Awww how cute!

Unknown said...

OMG: totally priceless. This is an incredible photo, such a precious innocent thing! I remember shoes like that. I think i had a similar pair in "Oxblood" ick.

Luke said...

Awesome!

Gavin Elster said...

Lb Those shoes were the worst thing in the world. I begged for a pair of KEDS and finally got them on my birthday that year. To my suprise the keds hurt worse than the orthopedic shoes and I tripped over them quite a bit. Every time I fell my mum would remind me why I shouldnt be wearing these shoes and the ORTHO shoes are best.

Unknown said...

bejezus does that ever sound familiar. I can recall beggging for "Prokeds" in white which I was grounded for immediately dirtying them to a dank beigeish grey. My mother was also one to remind me of why her word was for the best...repetedly. :)

So funny that you bring these memories forth...