Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Vegemite




Be happy you live in a country where you don't have to listen to this commercial jingle at every commercial break.

We're happy little Vegemites

As bright as bright can be.

We all enjoy our Vegemite

For breakfast, lunch, and tea.

Our mother says we're growing

stronger every single week.

Because we love our Vegemite.

We all adore our Vegemite.

It puts a rose in every cheek!

We're growing stronger every week.

It's Australia's answer to that Oscar Mayer song.

If you haven't had the pleasure of Vegemite on toast you haven't lived.
Salty black vegetable tar.
Think of a potato with bleeding bowels. That bloody potato bowel movement is what Vegemite tastes like.

This was always in the house when I was growing up.

4 comments:

Troy said...

i have to find the old oscar meyer commercials

Unknown said...

barf, if i do say so myself!

You poor thing.

Are you an Aussie? Why would you have this at home otherwise?

Gavin Elster said...

Most of my immediate family are Aussies. I was born here. My parents are from Australia and New Zealand.

Captain Incredible said...

I believe the correct expression is

"Bugger..."

According to the Toyota Commercial, anyway...

You have my sympathy.