Sunday, August 12, 2007

pictures

While working on a project I came across these photos.

This first one is of my brothers ex-wife and I at Disneyland 1973. I was so excited to be there you can see it in my arms. I remember this picture being taken and I was actually excited to ride on Its A Small World for the first time.
Go figure.





The next is from the robot in La Cienega Park 1970. Thats me at the top.


For those who grew up in Hollywood in the 70's there was Bevery Park. It was the local amusment park located where the Beverly Center stands today.It had a rollercoaster and a funhouse. It also has a boatride that was 5 or 6 boats that road around in a circular tented pool. In hindsight it was a very depressing place but for a little kid it was very exciting. The rollercoaster was my favorite. The ponies were my least favorite. My sister worked at the ponyrides. Thats me on a pony 1970.
Im allergic to ponies.
.

Yet another local spot on La Cienega called The Fish Shanty. This building had a giant tile whale as the front entrance.1970.

6 comments:

WAT said...

As cute and adorable as a button! AW! Thanks for sharing!

Gives me the idea to perhaps share my childhood pics of me growing up in the late 70s and early 80s.

EEK! AM I THAT OLD ALREADY?!!

ARGH!

EmmaPeel007 said...

You haven't changed a bit!

Exctited arms - is that like restless legs? They probably have a pill for that now...

LadrĂ³n de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

How ironic that we're sharing old family photos and tributes to Bonanza on the same day. There must be something in the air between SF and LA.

Great shots of a real little cutie.

Gavin Elster said...

Its the heat JT its the heat.

Unknown said...

Great photo set. Such amazing Americana juxtaposed with that cutie pie.

mary bishop said...

I do see it in your arms...you were vibrating with excitement. You deserved to be the most well loved little boy in the world.